Monday, September 24, 2012

MEET & GREET MONDAY

How long have you been with Casbah?
I've been with Casbah since June, 2010.

What is your role at Evolution?
I am our Senior Makeup Artist.

I know you're a busy lady because you're also a student... what are you studying?
I am currently writing my Honours Thesis for my BA in Psychology. Eventually (after approximately 7 more years!), I hope to earn a PhD in Clinical Psychology.

What are some of your favourite makeup trends for the fall?
I always love a good skin-focus trend which is one of the big ones this season, especially since I always say that great skin is your best accessory. This one is a cinch when we have a such a great new product in the new BB cream from Jane Iredale! Although I love the ethereal glow of a perfected palette, I am such a colour monger and a sucker for a soft, smokey eye, so the peacock-toned and smokey-brown eye-focus trends out this fall are a more dramatic alternative to the minimalist, but ever-popular skin-focus.

Favorite colours?
Burgundy for Autumn has always been one of my favourites because it tends to look fantastic on most skintones, however I do have a few close runners up: Teal and Aubergine. Jewel tones are HUGE in fashion this season, and in terms of makeup, they can really bring the face to life. I love Jane Iredale Eyeshadows in Wine & Roses and Magic as well as Mystikol liners in Amethyst, Aquamarine and Malachite. When used as a strategic pop of colour, these gems can really enhance your fall ensembles!

Any products you're loving?
How much space do I have?? I have so many favourites (in skincare and makeup), it's impossible to list them all, but considering my aforementioned trend-loves, I'll keep them trend-relevant. ;)

Of course, I love skin-perfecting products like the Clarisonic Pro and Glam Glow mud mask and of course, the new BB cream from Jane Iredale; everyone was holding their breath for a skin-perfecting, full coverage foundation from Jane... and now it's here!

I also really like the new eye shadow trio from Jane Iredale, "Sundown", from the Fall launch, and the Girlactik eye shadows we carry at Evolution because they have an excellent pigment pay-off. "Sultry", "Vintage" and "Bark" are my go-to's for that soft-smokey (what I call an "editorial" smokey) eye. The Girlactik eye glazes are great as shadow bases because they prevent your eyeshadow from creasing, and you can use them under your shadows to intensify shimmer and depth of colour. 

What's your favourite part of the job?
I always consider the connection I have with my clients to be the MOST rewarding part of my job. Of course, it's always fun to give someone a great look for a night out, but when I feel I've reached someone- truly helped that person see themselves in a more confident light, or completely lift their self-confidence, it reinforces my passion for this work. That's why I love doing what I do.

What is your favourite service at the spa?
I think it's safe to say that everyone loves the Signature Facial because it's the "full-meal deal": not only do you get a facial, as expected, but you are treated to so many other 'perks' like a mini-massage as well!

Although it's not a "treat" service, I am loving the results I get from the laser hair removal! Not having to worry about waxing or shaving is it's own treat!!

I have also had great results from the Contour Wrap. I lost 9 1/2 inches in an hour and a half...pretty impressive!

What is your favourite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Considering the demands of my school schedule, it's rare that I get an afternoon "off". But when I do, I love to curl up on the couch and watch a movie with my favourite person, my "fur babies" (my cats) and a cup of tea. :)


Thanks so much Abbey!

This week for Abbey'sStaff Pick we will be offering our customers 20% off all our new Girlactik Eyeshadow! So come in or buy online... simply enter the code sparkle at checkout to receive your discount. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment