Monday, January 21, 2013

Cleaning your Make-up Brushes

I was doing my make up yesterday and found myself thinking, this isn't going on like it should. I thought about it for a moment and remembered it had been awhile since I have cleaned my brushes. Actually it has been more then awhile, it had been a month or two. Cleaning your brushes is so important, even if you are just using them on yourself. Lots of yucky thugs can build up like oil, bacteria and excess product. All things that will affect your brush and the way your make up will look. If you have spent the money on good quality brushes you need to take care of them in order for them to last!

So I pulled out my brush cleaner and started to give them a good clean. I thought I would share with you guys in case you find yourself in a situation.

1- Start off with a great brush cleaner ( I love Jane Iredels) and warm water.
2- Take one brush at a time and get it wet and swirl it around in your palm. You will see all the product that was built up in your brush coming out as you do this! Make sure you wash the handle of the brush as well as germs build up here too
3- Give the brush a good rinse (You want the water to be clear)
4- On natural hair brushes I will condition the hairs with hair conditioner, rinse thoroughly
5- Dry your brush. Try and get as much water out of the brush as you can. You don't want the brush to sit saturated with water as it will break down the glue that holds the hair in.
6-Let your brushes air dry on a towel overnight (never stand your brushes up to dry)

When you go to apply your make up next your brushes will smell amazing and your product will go on as it should!



No comments:

Post a Comment